We are finally set and ready to release our plan for our 2020-2021 season tryouts! With restrictions in place for the number of players allowed on the ice, we have decided each age group will receive a minimum of TWO total try out sessions split into PHASE 1 & PHASE 2 as well as a PHASE 3 for our 12UA & 12UB teams. You must register for tryouts by Sunday, August 2nd.
FOR 12UAA, 14UA & AA, 16UAA & 19UAA
- During PHASE 1, we will split the players alphabetically by last name and assign them to a specific ice slot
- During PHASE 2, coaches will split the players by skill rankings so the AA teams can pick their team and the A teams being able to pick their team after AA players are selected. Players will be notified after PHASE 1 which group they will be attending for PHASE 2
- For 12U AA, PHASE 2 will be split into “Top 20” for 12UAA and 12UA to discuss, then the 10U players will be added to the other two 12U slots in PHASE 2, split alphabetically by last name
FOR 12U A & 12U B
- During PHASE 1, only 12U aged players will participate
- 10U aged players will enter the try-outs for PHASE 2 and be combined with the remaining 12U players, split alphabetically by last name
- PHASE 3 will be split by skill level and discussed between the 12UA and 12UB coaches to determine their final rosters
BIRTH YEAR ELIGIBILITY
- 19U: 2001, 2002, 2003
- 16U: 2004 & 2005
- 14U: 2006 & 2007
- 12U: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 *2010 & 2011 are only eligible for 12UA and 12UB
$60 + SportsEngine fee will be collected during the registration process.
All players will be notified of the team they are selected for by Sunday, August 23rd at the LATEST.
HOW TO PREPARE
- In addition to usual hockey gear, bring a light and a dark jersey. You will be provided with a pinnie jersey at tryouts.
- Be aware of rink policies leading up to tryouts
ADDITIONAL 2020-2021 SEASON DETAILS
An information sheet will be provided at tryouts outlining the projected program costs, tournaments, practice times and locations.
Due to these unprecedented times, we are doing our best to ensure every player a fair crack at the team, while also realizing our ice availability is currently limited based on the ice rinks we are skating at. Please do not hesitate to ask our Hockey Director, Matt Shott any questions you may have and we will happy to talk it through with you! Please register for your tryout spot no later than Sunday, August 2nd!
- Saturday 8/15 5:45pm to 6:45pm at Arcadia
- Saturday 8/15 7:00pm to 8:00pm at Arcadia
- Saturday 8/15 8:15pm 9:15pm at Arcadia
- Tuesday 8/18 5:15pm to 6:30pm at Arcadia (with 10U)
- Tuesday 8/18 6:45pm to 8:00pm at Arcadia (with 10U)
- Wednesday 8/19 5:15pm to 6:30pm at Arcadia
- Wednesday 8/19 6:45pm to 8:00pm at Arcadia (with 10U)
- Friday 8/21 7:30pm to 8:30pm at Oceanside (with 10U)
- Sunday 8/16 4:45pm to 5:45pm at Arcadia
- Sunday 8/16 6:00pm to 7:00pm at Arcadia
- Sunday 8/16 7:15pm to 8:15pm at Arcadia
- Thursday 8/20 5:30pm to 6:30pm at Oceanside
- Thursday 8/20 7:00pm to 8:00pm at Oceanside
- Thursday 8/20 8:30pm to 9:30pm at Oceanside
- Saturday 8/15 7:00pm to 8:00pm at Oceanside
- Sunday 8/16 7:00am to 8:00am at Oceanside
- Thursday 8/20 5:15pm to 6:30pm at Arcadia
- Thursday 8/20 6:45pm to 8:00pm at Arcadia
- Wednesday 8/19 7:30pm to 8:30pm at Oceanside
- Wednesday 8/19 9:00pm to 10:00pm at Oceanside
- Friday 8/21 5:15pm to 6:15pm at Arcadia
- Friday 8/21 6:30pm to 7:30pm at Arcadia
***Matt Shott or Lyndsey Fry will email you your specific tryout sessions